Monday, October 25, 2010

Personal Worship Time

When I worship at home, I tend to use the same songs in my personal worship time. The songs are not a formula for my personal worship time, but they do reflect how much I want the Holy Spirit to permeate my life and counsel me as I testify to others.

"Heart of Worship" is my always my first. This song always brings me to repentance. I cannot sing this song without tearing up at the phrase, "I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it" because how many times have I tried to take the lead in worship when the Holy Spirit should be in that role?

"Hungry" is typically my next song. It is the testimony of my heart. I'm hungry for the Spirit and want Him to fill my life with his presence. Only He can satisfy and heal my soul as I seek his face. I choose to empty myself so that I may be full with Him.

"God of This City" is my heart's battle cry right now. I see multiple denominations (churches practically on every block), and nothing consistently connecting them. I see the Lord's children scattered in the same town. The Lord's children can do better than this. "Greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city."

Curiously, do you have songs that you use repetitively in your personal worship time? How have they shaped the way you lead worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment