Saturday, May 19, 2012
What is A-LARM? Glad you asked!!! Each month, Worship Vanguard will highlight a local worship project. We call it “A Local Artist Review Month,” or A-LARM. In the month of May, we will introduce to you Abby Sutton, worship leader and singer/songwriter at Westover Church in Greensboro. So stay tuned, for our first A-LARM posting. We welcome local Triad artists and groups to submit their projects for review on this site. If you or your team is interested in presenting an album for review, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
* Some of the project is intended for congregational use. We realize songs on a project are simply the artist’s personal impressions from the Lord, and that’s great. Feel free to express what you hear from the Lord in your music. At the same time, our vision is for congregations to eventually share songs. So, it’s something to keep in mind.
* Music style can be any variety, though we like to focus on songs for use in corporate settings.
* The project is at most 2 years old from the project’s completion date. Of course, current projects are preferred.
* Projects with congregational intent may also be posted at The Worship Community for international exposure. Not all projects will be republished at TWC, but the option is available.
* If you or your team is interested in a review, EMAIL US.
The heart of Worship Vanguard is to encourage community worship projects. So, feel free to also use Worship Vanguard as a source to find musicians for future worship projects. May the Lord bless and keep all of you!!!!!